Today's Wordle starts the week much as yesterday's game finished the weekend – with a standard puzzle that has an average score of 4. Once again, though, I can see plenty of people finishing with a 5/6 or worse – so you might want some Wordle clues to help you avoid that fate.
I'm a Wordle addict who's been playing since December 2021, so I can definitely help you solve Wordle today and improve your game for tomorrow. Read on for my Wordle clues and hints to game #632 and bookmark this page so you can easily return tomorrow.
Oh, and if you also play Quordle then my Quordle today page contains clues and answers for that too.
SPOILER WARNING: Information about Wordle today and yesterday are below, so don't read on if you don't want to know the answers.
Wordle clues (game #632) – hint #1 – Vowels
How many vowels does today’s Wordle have?
• Wordle today has two vowels*.
* Note that by vowel we mean the five standard vowels (A, E, I, O, U), not Y (which is sometimes counted as a vowel too).
Wordle clues (game #632) – hint #2 – first letter
What letter does today’s Wordle begin with?
• The first letter in today’s Wordle answer is B.
B is a very, very common starting letter in Wordle. In fact, it's the third most common overall, behind only S and C.
Wordle clues (game #632) – hint #3 – repeated letters
Does today’s Wordle have any repeated letters?
• There are no repeated letters in today’s Wordle.
Repeated letters are quite common in the game, with 748 of the 2,309 Wordle answers containing one. However, it's still more likely that a Wordle doesn't have one.
Wordle clues (game #632) – hint #4 – ending letter
What letter does today’s Wordle end with?
• The last letter in today’s Wordle is E.
E is the most common letter to end a Wordle answer by far. That's one of the reasons why many of the best start words, including SLATE, CRANE, CRATE and STARE, all end with one.
Wordle clues (game #632) – hint #5 – last chance
Still looking for Wordle clues today? Don't worry, I'll give you one more for game #632.
- Today’s Wordle answer is an assigning of fault.
If you just want to know the answer at this stage you can scroll down to see it, but I'd always recommend trying to solve it on your own first. We've got lots of Wordle tips and tricks to help you, including a guide to the best Wordle start words.
If you don't want to know the solution then DO NOT SCROLL ANY FURTHER BECAUSE THE ANSWER IS DIRECTLY BELOW. So don't say you weren't warned!
Wordle today (game #632) – the answer
The answer to today's Wordle, game #632, is… BLAME.
I'm getting a touch of deja vu today, because as with yesterday's Wordle this game has an average of 4, according to WordleBot, and starts with a B.
It always surprises me that B is so common as a starting letter; it's actually third in this regard, behind only S and C. But I somehow never expect there to be one – I'm usually more likely to play a T or R at the start, and probability be damned. As it happens, we were well overdue one until yesterday, so the fact that we've had two in a row somewhat offsets that. B features in 173 answers, which means you'd expect to get one every 13 games, but before yesterday we hadn't had one since BEEFY nearly 50 games ago (#586).
BLAME is otherwise fairly nondescript as Wordle answers go: you get two vowels and three consonants, all of the letters are pretty common and all are where you'd expect them to be.
Most of the best Wordle starting words will have helped once again (if you're not using one by now, you're missing a trick). WordleBot's favorite, SLATE, left a mere 13 possible answers and the likes of CRANE (48), SLANT (25), TRACE (38), and STARE (27) were all pretty useful.
Though the A and E were already confirmed for me, I decided not to include them in my second guess, because clearly there were too many options for me to realistically score a 2/6. Yeah, yeah, I'm too cautious and not fun at all, but at the same time I've now scored a 3/6 in eight out of my 11 games, so I'll stick with this method thank you very much.
Anyway, I decided to play BLIND, because it has four really common consonants in it. I didn't necessarily expect the B to turn green, it having started yesterday's answer, but got lucky when it was confirmed here, alongside the L.
So, that narrowed down my options from 27 to just two: BLAME and BLAZE. I played the odds and chose the more common letter, and once again had a big slice of fortune when all five letters went green for a nice 3/6.
How did you do today? Send me an email and let me know.
Wordle yesterday (game #631) – clues
In a different time zone where it's still Sunday? Don't worry – I can give you some clues for Wordle #631, too.
- Wordle yesterday had one vowel.
- The first letter in yesterday’s Wordle answer was B.
- There were no repeated letters in yesterday’s Wordle.
- The last letter in yesterday’s Wordle was H.
- Yesterday’s Wordle answer is the start of something.
Wordle yesterday (game #632) – the answer
The answer to yesterday's Wordle, game #631, was… BIRTH.
The longer I play Wordle, the more surprised I am that certain words haven't already been answers. I had the same feeling with WHERE on Thursday, and ABOVE the Thursday before that. But then I remind myself that there are 2,308 possible solutions – and we've so far only had just over a quarter of them.
Of course, the fact that it's a common word doesn't necessarily make it an easy one. BIRTH has an average score of 4, according to WordleBot, and though that indicates it's of a fairly standard difficulty, standard in Wordle terms is still pretty tough.
There are no major complications with the letters; all five are very common, and they generally appear in common places here. For instance, B is the third most likely letter to start a Wordle answer, I is the fifth most likely in position #2, R is ranked sixth in the middle of an answer and H is sixth at the end.
Instead, the problem lies in the very fact that these letters are all so common throughout the game – there are just so many options that narrowing them down might well have taken you some time.
Using one of the best Wordle starting words will have helped. WordleBot's favorite, SLATE, left 45 answers and my choice of STARE left 48. But if you picked CARTE you had just nine, while CRATE left 10. Bad luck if you went with CRANE (103) or SLANT (180) today, though.
Obviously I didn't find all 48 answers open to me – I'm not that dedicated to the cause. But I came up with about 20. The problem was that there were lots of 'groups' today – by which I mean answers that have the same format.
For instance, I found a bunch that started TR (TRICK, TRUCK, TROLL, TRUMP), several that ended –RTH (WORTH, BIRTH, MIRTH, FIRTH, FORTH) and some that had a -R—T format (GRIFT, DRIFT, CROFT, PRINT). Even if my choice of second word narrowed it down to one of those groups, I would probably still have to pick between 3-5 answers on my third go.
And indeed, that's what happened. Playing TOUCH reduced my possible options from 48 to four, but those four – BIRTH, FIRTH, MIRTH and GIRTH – were all equally likely to be the answer.
I could therefore have ended up with a 6/6 today without a bit of luck, but fortune was with me here. I played BIRTH, reasoning that it was both the most common word and also the word with the most common starting letter out of those options, and got lucky.
Wordle answers: The past 50
I've been playing Wordle every day for more than a year now and have tracked all of the previous answers so I can help you improve your game. Here are the last 50 solutions starting with yesterday's answer, or check out my past Wordle answers page for the full list.
- Wordle #631, Sunday 12 March: BIRTH
- Wordle #630, Saturday 11 March: EMAIL
- Wordle #629, Friday 10 March: REVEL
- Wordle #628, Thursday 9 March: WHERE
- Wordle #627, Wednesday 8 March: REGAL
- Wordle #626, Tuesday 7 March: HORSE
- Wordle #625, Monday 6 March: PINKY
- Wordle #624, Sunday 5 March: TOXIC
- Wordle #623, Saturday 4 March: TREND
- Wordle #622, Friday 3 March: SQUAT
- Wordle #621, Thursday 2 March: ABOVE
- Wordle #620, Wednesday 1 March: MOOSE
- Wordle #619, Tuesday 28 February: POLKA
- Wordle #618, Monday 27 February: WORSE
- Wordle #617, Sunday 26 February: SYRUP
- Wordle #616, Saturday 25 February: FIFTY
- Wordle #615, Friday 24 February: ARBOR
- Wordle #614, Thursday 23 February: VAGUE
- Wordle #613, Wednesday 22 February: RIPER
- Wordle #612, Tuesday 21 February: RUDDY
- Wordle #611, Monday 20 February: SWEAT
- Wordle #610, Sunday 19 February: KIOSK
- Wordle #609, Saturday 18 February: AVAIL
- Wordle #608, Friday 17 February: CACHE
- Wordle #607, Thursday 16 February: MAGIC
- Wordle #606, Wednesday 15 February: SALSA
- Wordle #605, Tuesday 14 February: SOUND
- Wordle #604, Monday 13 February: USAGE
- Wordle #603, Sunday 12 February: GIANT
- Wordle #602, Saturday 11 February: DEBUG
- Wordle #601, Friday 10 February: HEADY
- Wordle #600, Thursday 9 February: STAGE
- Wordle #599, Wednesday 8 February: FLAIL
- Wordle #598, Tuesday 7 February: APPLE
- Wordle #597, Monday 6 February: NINTH
- Wordle #596, Sunday 5 February: DANCE
- Wordle #595, Saturday 4 February: UNLIT
- Wordle #594, Friday 3 February: TASTY
- Wordle #593, Thursday 2 February: SHIRK
- Wordle #592, Wednesday 1 February: SCOLD
- Wordle #591, Tuesday 31 January: CROSS
- Wordle #590, Monday 30 January: CRAVE
- Wordle #589, Sunday 29 January: FISHY
- Wordle #588, Saturday 28 January: FLIRT
- Wordle #587, Friday 27 January: WORRY
- Wordle #586, Thursday 26 January: BEEFY
- Wordle #585, Wednesday 25 January: MAIZE
- Wordle #584, Tuesday 24 January: COUNT
- Wordle #583, Monday 23 January: ELUDE
- Wordle #582, Sunday 22 January: MATEY
What is Wordle?
If you're on this page then you almost certainly know what Wordle is already, and indeed have probably been playing it for a while. And even if you've not been playing it, you must surely have heard of it by now, because it's the viral word game phenomenon that took the world by storm last year and is still going strong in 2023.
We've got a full guide to the game in our What is Wordle page, but if you just want a refresher then here are the basics.
What is Wordle?
Wordle challenges you to guess a new five-letter word each day. You get six guesses, with each one revealing a little more information. If one of the letters in your guess is in the answer and in the right place, it turns green. If it’s in the answer but in the wrong place, it turns yellow. And if it’s not in the answer at all it turns gray. Simple, eh?
It’s played online via the Wordle website or the New York Times’ Crossword app (iOS / Android), and is entirely free.
Crucially, the answer is the same for everyone each day, meaning that you’re competing against the rest of the world, rather than just against yourself or the game. The puzzle then resets each day at midnight in your local time, giving you a new challenge, and the chance to extend your streak.
What are the Wordle rules?
The rules of Wordle are pretty straightforward, but with a couple of curveballs thrown in for good measure.
1. Letters that are in the answer and in the right place turn green.
2. Letters that are in the answer but in the wrong place turn yellow.
3. Letters that are not in the answer turn gray.
4. Answers are never plural.
5. Letters can appear more than once. So if your guess includes two of one letter, they may both turn yellow, both turn green, or one could be yellow and the other green.
6. Each guess must be a valid word in Wordle’s dictionary. You can’t guess ABCDE, for instance.
7. You do not have to include correct letters in subsequent guesses unless you play on Hard mode.
8. You have six guesses to solve the Wordle.
9. You must complete the daily Wordle before midnight in your timezone.
10. All answers are drawn from Wordle’s list of 2,309 solutions. However…
11. Wordle will accept a wider pool of words as guesses – some 10,000 of them. For instance, you can guess a plural such as WORDS. It definitely won’t be right (see point 4 above), but Wordle will accept it as a guess.